Wednesday, August 6, 2014

No Training Wheels!

So it was last fall when I posted about Makenna getting her training wheels off of her bike but then it was winter, and then this spring there was no way I was going to run next to her while I was pregnant and Steve I think just didn't want to run next to her, so he put her training wheels back on. Well she started asking again to take off her training wheels. So all of last week she was out practicing, going up and down the sidewalk trying to get her balance. She didn't want any help- I tried to help hold her up one time and she just got mad at me and said she wanted to do it by a herself, and on Sunday she finally got it! She is now a pro at riding her bike and has asked every morning since if she can go outside and ride her bike. Sunday evening the neighbors were out and she was out riding and she came running in with a huge grin saying all the neighbors were cheering for her, and even a couple of the older girls in the neighborhood have been riding their bikes with her, she feels pretty cool!
She is one determined and hard working little girl and we're so proud of her!

No comments: