Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Chase turned 3!

Chase turned 3 last week! I can't believe he is three. The day before his birthday we had Grandma's/Grandpa and Andrea over for dinner. He was so excited and he was spoiled rotten with all of his presents.
 It was the birthday filled with trucks and superhero stuff.
Makenna got him some Lightning sunglasses, which he looks pretty stylish in!
 He was so timid opening presents but Andrea and Makenna were there to help him out.
 He wanted a Superman cake, which I think turned out well. He didn't want us to light the candles though- that is way to scary but he loved having us sing to him!

 A few weeks ago when I asked Chase what he wanted for his birthday he firmly said "I want Superman cake with William!" I knew I could handle that and so glad that William (and his family) came for cake and ice cream:)
 Thanks family for coming to celebrate with Chase, he loved it!

 This little man has been a handful. Whoever came up with the saying, terrible two's, obviously never had a three-year-old. I think 3 is much harder than 2. He still is sweet- it's just hiding more often than it used to. He loves to torment Makenna(which she probably deserves) and has started spitting again! He still is in the crib and I don't want to give it up because sometimes I need him caged:)
Even though they torment each other Makenna and Chase do play really well together and I love it when they do! He wants to do everything that Makenna does. We are working on friend skills- so we play with William and have had some other neighbor boys over a few times, although usually he ends up playing with the neighbor girls and Makenna most days. I think it's funny when he wants me to play with him. We end up being superhero's playing house! But he is all boy and does the sound effects to everything he is playing with... dinosaurs, trucks, superheroes- he's got it. He can count to 13 and knows his colors. He is bummed that he isn't going to school but I hope to do some activities with him while Makenna is gone in the afternoon. His favorite food is pop tarts and chocolate! This morning he told me he wanted to marry me:)!
We love you Chase!

No comments: