Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chase turned 1!

My little man turned 1 this weekend! I can't believe it's been a whole year already. He woke up on Saturday to a new dump truck and sand toys. He also got some new trucks, puzzle and clothes.


But really his favorite thing to play with were the balloons!


 We went to the fair and saw the animals. Both Makenna and Chase wanted nothing to do with touching the animals, they were content to just look.


On Sunday grandparents and Andrea came for the afternoon and played and stayed for dinner. Then Mark and Steff and Aunt Jennifer came for cake and ice cream. I made Chase a dinosaur cake- it was my first attempt at creating a cake. I consider myself a pretty good cook but when it comes to the creativity of creating a fun cake, I fall short.  But thanks to pinterest and Betty Croker demos I figured I could handle this. It was pretty easy and I'll have to redeem myself for Makenna's birthday since she's never had a fun cake.
Chase didn't hesitate one bit at sticking his fingers in the cake.
 And then gradually he just got messier.....
 Testing it out.....
 Finally gets it to his mouth....
 And then in the hair....
 And then all over!
 We sure love our Chase! A few things he's doing at 1-
* He loves the water
* He still takes 2 naps and is a champ at sleeping through the night 7:30- 7!
* He has 5 teeth
* He was such a great eater but then something has happened and the past few weeks everything is being thrown on the floor and not much is being consumed.
* Still not walking, I thought he would have gotten it by now but can take a few steps, but loves to zoom around the kitchen floor with anything that slides easily
* He is such a momma's boy and doesn't even like it if Makenna is sitting on my lap
* When I lay him down in bed he immediatly puts his hands behind his head and stretches out
* He weighs 19.10 lbs and is 30 inches long

Happy Birthday Chase- We Love you!






3 comments:

Jennie said...

I didn't realize that Chase and Emily's birthdays were so close either. Emily's the August 17th...and I'm guessing Chase's is the 18th? Happy birthday cute boy! And great job on his cake! It looks so good and just like a dinosaur :)

Misha Palza said...

So Cute! Love it when they get messy with the cakes! He is getting so big!

Steffani said...

Love the pictures!! Thank you for letting us share in your adventures that week! :)