Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Makenna

I haven't done a post just about Makenna lately and so we went up to the temple to take some pictures. When did my little baby start to look so grown up?! Her hair is getting so long and it's beautiful. She has natural highlights and I love it. She doesn't let me play with it though, her hairstyle of choice right now is down with a headband or in a pony with a headband. She also chooses what she wears and I'm glad we picked a good outfit for these pictures.
  •  I can't even think of words to describe my little girl. She pushes me to the limit everyday with her drama. One minute she's smiling and the next she is whining, crying and screaming about who knows what and will continue this way for  45 minutes while I've pulled every trick in the basket trying to figure out whats bothering her, and then she'll stop and be fine. Honestly, I'm worried about when she's a teenager and I'm sure I'll just be wishing for these days instead. She is definately a girl when it comes to emotions.
  •  On the other hand she can be so sweet and just give me a random hug and kiss. My favorite is when I tuck her into bed and she gives me the biggest squeeze and a million kisses. I also love when I can see Chase and Makenna holding hands in the stroller on our morning runs.
  • She loves to play with friends. That's usually her first question in the morning is if she can go play or she asks if anyone is coming over to see her today.
  • She is amazing on her bike and loves it.
  •  She doesn't like to be the spotlight of things. She hates it when she knows I'm talking about her. Today in Primary she was the spotlight and usually the kids will go up and they get to pick their favorite song. Not Makenna, she stayed right in her seat and glared. It was funny.
  • She loves the temple, and I Love to See the Temple is her favorite song. She is so reverent and cute in Primary and I love it. I love watching her and am so proud that she can be so reverent and sit in her chair.
These next two pictures crack me up. It describes my children perfectly. Makenna being loud and a goof while Chase looks at her like she's crazy or he's trying to do his own thing.


  •  Makenna loves to dress up and loves anything pink or princess.
  • She is such a goof and loves to play, loves getting wet, has a pretty big imagination, she's also amazing at puzzles.
  • Her foods of choice lately are still anything with cheese, especially cottage cheese. She loves pizza, poppyseed chicken, cornbread, broccoli and anything with chocolate! 

We sure love you Makenna and are so glad you're part of our family!

3 comments:

Nat and Jesse said...

Wow...your kids are ADORABLE!

Misha Palza said...

So cute! She IS getting so big and so adult.

Christine said...

Wow, those pictures of her at the temple are amazing!