Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was so nice yesterday. Steve made breakfast but we couldn't just sit around because church is at 9 so it was our usual rush to get out the door. Makenna made me some cute cards from primary and she was pretty well tempered most of the day wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. She did however refuse to go up and sing with the primary kids during sacrament but she sang the song to me later. I also got chocolates from the ward.
In the afternoon Steve helped me cut everything up for dinner and we had dutch oven chicken and potatoes for dinner and pumpkin pie for dessert-delicious! It was so nice we ate dinner outside and just enjoyed the evening.




Every picture we take one of the kids isn't cooperating!















                                                                                                                                                                 
I am so grateful to be a mother. It is the hardest thing I have ever done, it pushes me and stretches me every day. Some days I wish I was the one going to work and Steve could deal with the whining, tantrums, crying, nap time, eating time and everything else in between. But I wouldn't trade being able to stay at home with them. They are my life! The kids have taught me so much about how to be a better person, to be more patient and loving, and how to feel the Spirit.
I also wouldn't be who I am without my mother and all that she has taught me and the example she is. Thanks Mom! And all of the other women in my life- friends and family who help me be a better person.

2 comments:

Misha Palza said...

You ARE a great Mom! I only have Kira and she wasn't cooperating in any picture!

Christine said...

What cute pictures! I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day-you deserve it!