Tuesday, August 18, 2009

North Dakota

Last week we were in North Dakota for a family reunion. We were literally in the middle of nowhere! We stayed in this little town that is a huge tourist trap. They have gift shops and candy stores up and down its one street. We were able to stay just outside of the town at a ranch which wasn't as bad as I was expecting. So we did some shopping and as you can see cousin Debbie is enjoying feeding Makenna some choclolate- she really liked it.
It was also my birthday! Thanks for the birthday wishes. On my birthday we went to this musical they put on and in the beginning they were announcing the performers and recognizing special groups that were their and they announced my name! I didn't think it was me at first because who really gets recognized at performances? I guess my face was classic because Steve's aunt was wishing she had brought the camera. It was a lot of fun. The Peeking Acrobats from China also performed and they were amazing- sorry I forgot my camera but if you ever get a chance to see them go because it was amazing!
See, we really are in the middle of nowhere

We also went horse back riding in Theodore Roosevelt Nat'l Park because that's what you do in North Dakota.









It was a short but good trip especially because we could spend it with our family from Minnesota!


4 comments:

Mike said...

How was the drive and how did Makenna do? Happy late birthday, sorry I didn't call you!Looks like it was good to get away and be with family.

Mike said...

that message was from me nikki sorry.

Jennie said...

looks like you had a wonderful time! :)

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Sounds like a fun trip. It is nice to be able to spend time with family.