Thursday, January 29, 2009

Someday we'll get shots

OK- I just need to vent for one second! Here is the story, so when Makenna was born Steve and I filled out the necessary papers for her to be added onto the insurance. Last week I decided to call just to make sure she was on since she had her 2 month appt on Friday. They said all was good so on Friday we headed to the Doc's. I had psyched myself up since she would be getting shots and even had the tylenol ready at home. So we go to the doctor's and the nurse asks me if immunizations are covered through our insurance- I told her I didn't know, so she called to find out. (They are) She comes back 20 min. later and tells me that Makenna isn't on the policy! I was so mad- so we pack up and leave w/out getting shots and Steve and I make some calls and they tell me that she should be added Wed (yesterday). So this morning I call to make sure she's on so that we can go get shots and she's still not added! How hard could it be?! At this rate she'll be getting her 2 month shots wil her 4 month shots. Hopefully by next week it will be fixed and we can go get shots.

On a happier note Makenna now weighs 10 lbs 6 oz and is 21 1/2 inches long- she's healthy and doing great!

5 comments:

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

Wouldn't you like to pay a little visit to the bozo in charge of adding babies to their parent's policies? Then you could show bozo how to get it done quickly and effectively, and move on with life. Too bad everyone isn't a dietitian!

Chris said...

if she doesn't have insurance maybe you qualify to get free shots at the health department. Free is always good! Who is you Pediatricain? Logan has some good ones. I miss our doctor there!

Pace Adventures said...

Hey, No big deal, I like to wait a little. And I like to give tylenol before i go. Ashton would get a high fever and the new baby cameron does not. if she is not on the policy and you took her call and make sure she is on then call the billing department for the dr. office and have them reprocess the paper work it will save you some money, and the health department has cheap shots if you want them now.

Annette Tanner said...

I am glad she is healthy and doing well... and sorry about the pain with insurance. Hopefully it will all work out soon!!

Alleman Family said...

Don't be too exicted about those shots... They're TRAMATIC! I still can't watch!