Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happenings as of Late

So the other day I was thinking how completly different my life is compared to 8 weeks ago, nothing is the same and my whole world revolves around one tiny little girl. Here are the happenings of the past week.
1- SOS I need help- Makenna has decided that she no longer can sleep on her own during the day. Here's what happens- She is dead to the world in my arms and the second I lay her down she's wide awake and screaming- I let her scream and an hour later she's still screaming so I pick her up and the whole process starts over again. I'm going crazy so if any one has suggestions let me know!

2.Today is the second day in a row that we've been dressed in the same color (yesterday it was yellow). I don't do this on purpose even though I do dress us both. I'm just glad we're both dressed.

3. I finally got clearance from the Doc that I could go back to the gym. She warned me that it would be hard at first, I didn't really believe her- I was wrong! I could barely "jog" for 15 minutes and situps were almost out of the question, I did do 10. Babies just take it out of ya.
4. Every baby has to have a bath picture!


5. Steve and I got a new vacuum- it's wonderful!
6. My attempt of getting a picture of Makenna smiling:) (Tiff this picture is for you) Makenna has started smiling more than just in her sleep and I love it.

7 comments:

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

That was the story of my life for 6 months. However, does Makenna like to be swaddled? That seems to work wonders for most babes. Also, I found success with our snugli pack. That wasn't as desirable because he wasn't lying down, BUT he would be quiet, for a little while. I would also suggest trying a swing. I bought a fisher price portable swing that works well for tiny babies. I never used it for Logan (he had reflux and was usually too uncomfortable) BUT Avree used it and said it was a life-saver. She said Spencer would wake up if he was lying down, but if he was in that little swing then he'd nap for her. Good luck, atleast they come cute!

Melanie Henage said...

Wendy - you know I'm the expert on babies and everything. My sister in law and her sisters have read the book The Baby Whisperer and they said it did wonders. Thought I would suggest that. Good luck! That's gotta be tough!

Mel

The Fullmers Four said...

Wendy, there are two books that I found very helpful, the first is called "The Secrets of the BAby Whisperer." Lot os good advise. The other is call "The No-Cry Sleep Solution." I am such a softy, I hate it when Owen cries, IT helped alot.

Have fun at the Gym. I had a hard time running right after too. Don't puch yourself. My friend is a marathon runner, and she so badly wanted to get back to where she was before baby. She totally worked to hard at first. She damaged her pelvic floor. Her baby is now three, and she still hurts.

Chris said...

Landon did the same thing. I think it was just a phase - though a long one- the only time he slept with out me was in the car. Sometimes at night I could get him to sleep without me, but he woke up so often I'm not sure that really counts. Just keep putting her down...I know it's painful! But training and precedent is everything when it comes to kids. Easier said than done, though!

Alleman Family said...

The famous smiling picture!! :) LOVE IT!! So, my only suggestion is that she needs to learn to fall asleep by herself. So, before she falls asleep and she's fussy and tired put her in her bed and let her fall asleep. I know, easier said than done, but maybe try a mobline that sings or something in her bed and so she can listen to that as she goes to sleep. Good Luck!:)

Avree said...

Cute pictures! I agree with everything that has been said. Like Kara said, swaddling worked great with Spencer at night and the little Fisher Price take-a-long swing worked during the day, he'd sleep for hours in it. Just get some rechargeable batteries :) Good luck!

Jennie said...

i can't believe how big she is getting! she is darling!