Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Random

Several small things occurred this week...
1- I got my first pay check!! It's been 8 mo since I've gotten paid for my services and I love not being free labor any more.
2- I went to the dentist and am still cavity free (I've never had a cavity!)
3- I reached my 27 week mark, only 3 months left to go of being pregnant! Everyone still says that they can't believe I'm 6 mo. pregnant, that I'm just not big enough but I feel huge and I don't know if my skin will be able to stretch any more.
4- We had a humanitarian project at the DI for enrichment. We assembled 140 hygiene kits and 300ish school bag kits in an hour. I felt like someone should have been taking our picture to put on one of the church's pamphlets, you know the pictures where everyone looks so happy and we're doing acts of service. It was a lot of fun- we have such a good ward.
5-Steve and I finally made it to Bear Lake this summer. The sun was out and was great. My raspberry shake tasted wonderful as well. This is a picture we took, that's our truck and trailer behind us. (JK maybe in 50 yrs)



6- For work we have to wear scrubs and of course mine are too long. Usually I have my mom or mother-in-law fix my pants for me but both are busy with other things so I tackled my scrubs on my own. They actually don't look to bad and even though hemming up pants isn't that big of a project, it is for me.
7- Last night Steve and I dug up our potatoes from the garden. We got quite a few. Our garden did much better this year than last. We've had green peppers, onions, carrots, tomatoes, and potatoes. The only sad plant was our squash, the plant looks great but their are no squash growing and squash was our biggest success last year, I don't know what happened.

Hope everyone had a good week as well.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Sweet about the job! Where are you working? I love to here all the fun little things you guys are up to!

Nancy said...

Ok, so I passed my test today, and since you asked I thought I would fill you in. It was hard and a bit stressfull but I passed, and I'm not going to lie, I wasn't the best studier. It was hard for me to tackle such a huge load of studying especially with unlimited time (months instead of days). I did study mainly from my RD in a Flash cards and thought they were really helpful. And then I did the tests on Blackboard and studied from those. Do you know when you are going to take yours? I'm so excited about your little one on the way. Ok, that's the end of my ridiculously long comment.

Heather said...

Mmmm . . . raspberry shakes. Yep, we need to take a trip up to Bear Lake, too. I haven't had my shake this year. Little or big, Wendy, you look terrific. You are going to be the cutest mom ever!

Jennie said...

i am all about the random thoughts!

you are so cute!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

You commented that you didn't think your stomach could stretch anymore...Well, I can inform you that your stomach will stretch far beyond anything you can imagine. No matter how tight and uncomfortable your stomach gets, it will be worth it when you get to see your little baby for the first time.(Wow, that was a sappy comment...but its true)

Chris said...

Yay Wendy!!! I'm sooooo glad you found me!!!!! You are so cute! I'm excited that you're pregnant too! WOW! Good Luck!!! Picked nay names yet? Is it a boy or girl? So many questions...so little time. :)