Thursday, September 4, 2008

A First for Everything

So I'm a cute little Mormon girl who has lived in Utah my whole life and I canned for the first time over the weekend! My cute friends Lauren and Chris came over and we bottled 3 bushels of peaches- that came out to be 66 bottles! It was a huge success, Chris was the mastermind in our canning experiences, Lauren and I took orders and we did great. Steve was worried that we might never have a clean kitchen again but by the end of the day everything was cleaned and all the jars sealed- it was so exciting to here them pop throughout the afternoon! I think our next adventure will be applesauce in a couple of weeks.


5 comments:

Chris said...

I've never actually canned anything myself. My mom did a ton when I was growing up, and Chris and i tried to do tomatoes a couple of years ago - that didn't work out so well. This year I made freezer jam, but I messed up most of it. Only one of my six batches turned out edible. I'll have to work on that one! :) Congrats on doing it right the first time!!!!!

Heather said...

Wahoo! That's so awesome. I'm so glad they all sealed. That's what makes a person want to do it again.

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

You are so domestic! With 66 jars of peaches it looks like you'll be having cobbler for dessert every sunday for the next year!

Alleman Family said...

Your peaches look wonderful!! I was so excited the first year I canned peaches, pears AND applesauce! I left my fruit on the counter for DAYS just admiring it all! This is Tiffany, by the way! :)

The Fullmers Four said...

Wendy Friend!!! This is Rosie. Some how I happened across you blog, and I am so excited. You should check out mine at www.fulloffullmer.blogspot.com