Saturday, September 22, 2018

Yellowstone

We've lived in Bozeman for 2 1/2 years and we finally made it to Yellowstone. I haven't been to Yellowstone since the summer I worked their (14 years ago) and Steve said he hadn't been since he was a kid. The whole day I was thinking of memories from when I was their last. We left early Saturday morning and made a day out of it stopping at a few of the highlights of the park. Our first stop was Old Faithful. We did the visitors center, walked around on the boardwalk to see the other pools and of course watched Old Faithful.



 Our next stop was at Canyons(this is the area I worked at.) I love this spot and think that it is just amazing! Did a couple of the view spots and the main hike down to the top of the falls.




 Beautiful view of the falls but the kids were more obsessed with this hole in the rock that they could sit in! Silly kids.






 Our last stop of the day was at Mammoth. We did the boardwalk trail and made it before it got to dark to really see.












 On our way out of the park we saw this huge herd of elk. It was such a good day!

No comments: