Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Birthday Week!

It was birthday week at our house last week, and it was a good one! We started the week with my birthday. In May we bought a piano and Steve has said to not expect anything for my birthday/anniversary/Christmas for the next 5 years due to this purchase (which I was ok with even though he would have spent more money on me for those things then we actully spent on the piano but I wasn't going to complain.) So I was pleaseantly surprised to see a new waffle iron and a piano book on the counter when I got up and we had take out from Olive Garden that night! It was a great day and I loved it! A few days later we had our birthday ice cream from Cold Stone, and then Sunday was Chase's big day!
I can't believe he's 2! We've been practicing asking him how old he'll be and he'll hold up all his fingers and say "5 like Kenna" and then start laughing and then a little bit later he'll say 2! We gave him a bike and he loves it. That night we had the family over for dinner. Lauren was painting nails and even though Chase likes to wear purple tutus, he refrained from getting his nails painted.
Makenna was more excited about Chase's b-day than he was. She was up at 6:45 that morning saying that it was his b-day. She was an excellent helper opening presents. The first present he opened was a dump truck and he could have cared less about the other presents after that- he just wanted his truck! So Makenna opened up the rest of the presents for him and loved it.

 He had a football cake which he liked until we lit the candles...

 Don't worry though, Makenna has it covered and will blow them out!

 We of course had to get some group pictures and these crack me up. His bored face with Grandma J and yes, he has his finger up his nose with my side of the family! Love it, Love him!

We sure had a fun time and a great week. Another year older and hopefully wiser.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad we came!!! The family dance party was AWESOME :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I can't beleive he's two! Such a cute family! Happy Birthday Chase!