Thursday, October 18, 2012

Morning Run

I am proud to say that this spring/summer/fall I have taken the kids on a run every week, 4x a week, going
3-4 miles a day-and we would only miss a morning if someone was sick or it was bad weather. Although we went one questionable morning and it started raining on us but the kids loved it! How much am I pushing you ask? It's close to 70 lbs! So why am I not this muscly-skinny chick?
This picture was taken last week but I fear our days are limited because of the cold- this morning they were wearing coats. I really am going to miss our morning outing. We've gotten into a good routine and for the most part the kids do great and I get my exercise and thinking time in. I love how I feel the rest of the day and its just been a great way to start our day. I've also enjoyed noticing my progress. At the beginning of  spring I would go up our road, which is slightly uphill and I would have to stop and walk every other block, so I started going the other direction so that I would be running down our street on the way home- much easier! Well they were doing some road construction on one of the streets we go on this summer so I had to change our route which meant going back up our street and I was able to go all the way without stopping! Granted I wasn't going all that fast but still I could make it all the way. Its been awesome and I'm at a loss of what to do in the morning once we can't go outside. I'm also at a loss of what to do next year because there is no way I can push them again. Makenna better be really good on her bike because I love starting our day like this!

This is the picture I took of them last year- Chase is so little!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Way to go, Wendy! That's awesome.

Katrina and Brian said...

Love the pictures! Can't believe how fast our kids are growing. You are a skinny, muscle woman!

Misha Palza said...

Good Job! I know what you mean! I am only pushing like 35 and it is hard on me.