Friday, October 28, 2011

How do I make it Stop?

Attention all mothers with girls. Are your girls always screaming? Makenna has been so loud. She shouts everything, screams, squeals, roars, you name it at about 10x louder than she used too (She's especially good at it when she knows Chase is sleeping) I don't know how to make it stop. She's been sent to her room, toys taken away, a good talking to and nothing is helping. I praise her when she is talking in a normal voice but even the positive attention isn't helping either. She is such a turkey and is driving me nuts!!


She has been funny too though. She is on this married kick. She goes around the house asking Steve and I if we'll marry her and how you get married is you have to kiss her on the lips. She watches too many princess shows.

She also has expanded her food horizons this week. Normally she doesn't eat anything at dinner unless it's something in the dairy department because she won't eat what I make and I am not a short order cook. However, due to us making sugar cookies last Sunday they have been used as bribery and every night this week she has eaten what has been put on her plate! I can't believe it because we usually have some sort of a treat after dinner anyways but I guess she's a sucker for sugar cookies. Hopefully it continues because the last cookie was eaten tonight.


This little man just melts my heart! I said that in the last post, I know. He's always smiling and talking to me. He's also only been getting up once at night and has been in bed between 8 and 8:30. I am loving having somewhat of an evening to myself and getting more sleep.





Love them!









3 comments:

Misha Palza said...

The pic of chase is adorable. Kira is a screamer too. You figure out the solution, write a book and make a fortune!

LeeAnne said...

Screaming kids... still trying to figure it out with Carlos and he's 5! (who doesn't actually scream words but likes to randomly made these high-pitched screaming noises). And my goodness, Chase is so cute!

Tom and Jen said...

Chase is such a cutie! I love all his hair! MaKenna is getting so big, too.
I'm afraid Alyse is a screamer, too. High-pitched screams sometimes, which hurt my ears.I have yet to figure out a solution to that one.