Wednesday, September 8, 2010

When I'm 90....

When I'm 90 I hope I can be just like my Grandpa! He turned 90 this weekend and we had a big party for him. My Grandma and Grandpa still live at home, take care of themselves, are actively doing things and in realtively good health considering their age. I hope I'm just like that when I reach their age.
This is my Grandpa having some of his cake!

This was all of us lighting the candles on the cake (there really were 90 candles!)
We enjoyed spending time together and catching up on life and listening to Grandpa!


These last two pictures were on the way down to my grandparents. Makenna was holding my brothers hand while they were watching Toy Story to help make the time go by faster. So cute!









4 comments:

Chris said...

I really wish I could have been there. Not for the sleep over, mind you....but the actual party, and hanging out with everyone looked fun!

Misha Palza said...

Holding hands, so cute. I love the cuddly stage and have to laugh that it was of course toy story you were watching. I hope I can be like your grandparents also, what an acheivement.

Unknown said...

I'm so sad I missed the big party!!! Thanks for posting pictures from it. I miss everyone! Why does Chicago have to be across the country?!

Tom and Jen said...

Wow! That is really awesome that your grandfather is in such great health at age 90! I would have never guessed that is how old he is. He looks a lot younger!