Monday, July 13, 2009

4th of July!

We had such a good 4th of July- it's one of my favorite holidays. We went to the Lewiston breakfast and parade with Steve's family and hung out most of the day. Somehow we ended up with 5 boxes of sparklers this year so Steve and I lit them that night after Makenna was in bed instead of going and watching the fireworks- a sleeping baby was much more enjoyable than trying to keep her up and happy, my how our priorities have changed! The sparklers were fun but 5 boxes was a little much. I think for the 24 we decided we'd go buy some more exciting fireworks.
Being so patient in line for breakfast but...

She just couldn't wait any longer for that pancake!







What a good day:)

3 comments:

LeeAnne said...

Is it just me or does Makenna's hair look much lighter all of a sudden? Looks like you guys had a fun 4th of July! And yeah, I can totally understand not going to the fireworks... Because there's nothing like a sleeping baby! Carlitos's first 4th of July we stayed home, though we got a pretty good view of Logan's fireworks show from our living room window!

Heather said...

It really is interesting how the priorities change. I have a few extra boxes of sparklers in case you get back in the spirit and want to light a couple more. Please only take this as a compliment, for that is how it is intended: your little girl has THE cutest round cheeks. I just want to kiss 'em!

Christine said...

Such cute pictures, it does look like MaKenna had a super fun time at the parade. :)