Monday, February 16, 2009

While the man's away- we girls did play

Last week Steve went to Texas for work. It was the first time he's been gone since we had Makenna and I'm glad Steve doesn't leave for work often. I don't know how single moms or moms who's husbands are away a lot do it. I missed not having my little breaks in the evening when Steve is home to help with Makenna. After 3 days we both needed a break from each other and was glad dad was coming home soon. But we did have some fun while he was away.
  • Watched the Secret Life of Bees- I loved the book and I thought the movie wasn't too bad. Wouldn't you just love to live in the same house as Queen Latifah? I wanted to watch the Dutchess but didn't get to. Has anyone seen it- is it worth my time?
  • Had my sister over for pizza- good times
  • Had way too many sugar cookies. I have a weakness for soft, homemade sugar cookies and Cindy came over and we made some.

The weekend before was my good friend Sarah's wedding. Us girls headed down for the big event and had such a good time. While Sarah was the most beautiful one their- Makenna was the cutest. Thanks Cindy for going with me!




4 comments:

Chris said...

Saw the Dutches last night. I liked it. Glad I didn't see it in the expensive theaters...but worth renting!

I thought that your little girl looked like Steve at first, but that picutre of her makes her look a lot like you. Sooo cute!!!

The Fullmers Four said...

I knew what you mean about not knowing how single moms do it. I am so glad I have Tom to help out in the evenings.

Candace said...

I know what you mean. Our ward has a lot of military families in it and I know so many women with young kids whose husbands are deployed. Not only that, but their husbands are usually gone for 12 plus months. I can't even imagine.

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Sounds like you girlies had a good time. I bet you were so excited to have Steve back. I can definately understand how sometimes it is just nice to have a little alone time without baby.