Thursday, October 23, 2008

36 weeks and the Baby's Room

I'm down to 4 weeks left, I can't believe it. While my pregnancy has been pretty easy it's still not on my list of favorite things to do. I think the only thing I'm going to miss is the excuse that I can't clean the bath tub or vacuum. I will not miss maternity pants, feeling like I'm being stretched to the limit, and people looking at my belly. Some things I'm looking most forward to when this is over is: seeing Steve be a dad. Our baby is already wrapped around her daddy's finger and she's not even here yet. I know I won't be getting much sleep once the baby's here but at least it will be comfortable, I can't wait. And most of all I can't wait to see what she'll look like. She is adorable in my dreams and I'm sure will be even cuter in real life.














I also finally finished the baby's room. It's adorable, the pictures don't do it justice. I have been under strict rules that things have to be neutral for that boy we'll have some day but I just couldn't help myself. Their are white daisies stenciled on the green part of the wall and now that Steve has seen the finished product I think he likes it. Thanks to my good friend Cindy and her husband Lance they got me the chair rail for almost free and Lance even cut it for me (Thanks again Cindy and Lance) Steve was also gracious enough to paint the top of the room and hang the chair rail but other than that I did the rest. Before this room was just boring white and now it looks amazing!

8 comments:

Chris said...

comfortable...hmmmm...I don't think slepless nights and breast feeding are comfortable. In fact the whole nursing thing hurts for a while ( the whole time for me) but hey at least your body joints won't ache anymore! Good Luck with the whole Labor thing!

Avree said...

The room is so cute and you look so cute too! I can't wait to see what the little princess looks like, you'll have to post lots of pictures!

Hamblin Family said...

Ahhh...not that you don't love every kid you have but there is just something extra speacial about that first one. It is all new and exciting. Although there are many moments that make you think,"what was I thinking" there are way more that make you glad they are around. I am only beginning to realize that they are growing up to fast!

Candace said...

Hey, your nursery looks darling! You did a good job. I didn't know you were getting so close to your due date. You must be so excited. Hang in there these next few weeks!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

The room looks really cute. I like the green color it looks good. Good luck on the delivery can't wait to see her.

Chris said...

By the way......you look beautiful being pregnant! Can I have your body?

Jennie said...

oh how cute!

both you... and the room!

congrats!

Nancy said...

Oh wow, you are getting so close! The nursery looks darling. Congrats on passing the RD exam too, it's a relief. Good luck in the next month!