Sunday, August 6, 2017

Grandma/Grandpa/Andrea Visit

Two days after Misha left my parents and Andrea came to visit. We got to do lots of fun things with them too! On Wednesday we went to Deer Lodge and checked out the old Montana State Prison. It was pretty interesting and creepy sometimes too. 


Should I leave them in the cell?


 Their isn't much to do in Deer Lodge except visit the 5 museums they have and once you pay to get into one you can get into all of them so we did a few of the other ones since we were there! They have an automobile museum which also was pretty cool and the kids liked!
 They have these cutouts along the sidewalk that of course we had to stop for each one!


On Thursday we took them to the Museum of the Rockies (we're getting a little burned out with this one but it really is interesting if you've never been and when I can get us in for free it's hard to pass up!)

 Friday we took them to the Lewis and Clark Caverns which is always fun!

 Saturday morning we hiked to the "M". It was a beautiful morning and not too hot. Unfortunately Montana has a lot of fires so the skies are smokey. So while it still was beautiful I want to do it again when the skies clear up.
 I was so proud of Caleb. He walked 98% of the way. Steve only carried him twice and only for a few minutes. He was a champ!









 In the afternoon we tye-dyed t-shirts. The kids loved getting dye all over their shirts and wondering what the final project would turn out to look like.



The finished product!

 I also promised the kids we would break out the big ice cream maker for the first time this summer (Steve and I got it as a wedding gift and it still hasn't been used!) It was delicious and I believe we'll have to use it again soon.

 Steve and I had to take advantage of free babysitting and we were able to go out Saturday evening. It was so nice spending time together!
So glad my family could come spend time with us!

No comments: