Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Easter Eggs

I can't believe it's Easter! On Sunday we dyed our Easter eggs. Thanks to my friend Chris for the idea, last year we started blowing the eggs out. No, I don't do it all at once. I start doing it weeks before we're going to dye them. Just blowing a few out at a time as I'm making things and then saving the shells. I love doing it this way because they become our table center piece, we get to enjoy our work and they are our meal converstaion most of the time. Makenna is always taking them out and discussing them while we eat. I also don't end up with all of these hard boiled eggs in my fridge that now I have to eat.
Makenna was so excited this year and loved every minute! 
This picture is deceiving because it looks like Chase was being good but he wasn't. We had given him an egg with a crayon thinking he would like it but instead he threw the egg on the floor! So Steve did one egg and then the boys went off to find some toys and Makenna and I did the rest.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how pictures don't always tell the whole story! Looks like so much fun!