Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We love you Derek!


Last week our nephew Derek was killed in a car accident. It's been an emotional week but we know that Derek is where he is suppose to be. Derek was always so fun to be around and always had a smile, he loved others and was always their to serve. He's going to be greatly missed.

This week I've done a lot of reflecting and having a desire to live my life better. We never know when we might be taken and we need to do all we can now to live the way we should. Derek was such a good example of living the gospel. Their have been a lot more hugs, kisses, kind words, and I love you's said in our home this week and I'm so grateful to have the gospel in my life- to know that we'll be with Derek again that he's where he needs to be. I'm so grateful that families are forever and for the Savior and the atonement that we can be comforted and feel our Heavenly Fathers and Saviors love for us during the hard times in life.
We love you Derek!






Jasper clan



4 comments:

Christine said...

It is so true, we are very lucky to have the gospel in our lives so we know that we will see our loved ones again. I hope all the funeral things went well. I've had you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

The Fullmers Four said...

Wendy, I am so sorry to hear that. How tragic that his life was taken so prematurely. What a blessing it is to have the gospel, and a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. I know that you guys will wee him again.

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

Okay..so this is really random..
But I saw your blog on someone elses blog and the title looks familiar so I came to check it out..
Blake is my cousin! (saying "was" just doesn't sound right yet..)
What amazing things we've heard about Derek this past week. I hope your family is well. The Strebels are holding up extremely well and the funeral was very possitive and loving.
It sure does make you look at your life and realize how fragile it truly is.
We too are so thankful for the plan on salvation..
Till we see them again.. they know they are loved!

Annette Tanner said...

So sorry to hear about your nephew! It is great to see that you are so positive about it though!