Saturday, December 6, 2008

2 weeks already!

Makenna is 2 weeks old already! We went to the doctor yesterday and she's doing great. She only cried when they poked her heal for her PKU test- I was impressed. It's definatly been an exciting 2 weeks. Steve and I are the ideal first time parents who are paranoid of germs and react to every noise she makes. Who would have ever thought that such a tiny baby would create so much more laundry, garbage, and overall require so much work? But at the same time she has brought so much love and has been such a joy. I love just watching her, she makes the funniest faces. She always has her hands up by her face, she hates having them wrapped up in the blanket. She's just so stinkin cute!



We also put up the Christmas tree and decorations yesterday. I'm slightly an anal tree fluffer and I wish I wasn't because after I'm done my hands and arms look like they were attacked by a cat -but fluffing the tree, just so, is vital! We also always have candy cane ice cream after we put up the Christmas tree. We've done it since we were married and it always tastes so good. I just love this time of year. I love the smells, the songs, all the yummy food, and smiling faces. Hope that everyone has a happy holiday season!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, she's beautiful!!

Hamblin Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hamblin Family said...

I have yet to see your little bundle of joy! She is a cutie though. It is a fun time of year to have a new little gift. However, with the RSV problems that come up this time of year I would continue to be paranoid about germs...at least 'til spring;0) When it comes to your kids and their health there is nothing wrong with being a little paranoid!

Christine said...

Glad to hear her appointment went well today! Looks like the hubbies are going to lunch tomorrow....maybe I should stop by while the girls are at school. Talk to you soon!

LeeAnne said...

I didn't know you have a blog!! Makenna is beautiful! I love all that hair :) It was great to see you on Saturday!

Alleman Family said...

I can't believe how alert she looks for only 2 weeks old!! She's adorable!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

I am glad you are having fun with Mckenna she is such a cute little girl.